Marlow Navigation is looking for a Scrum Master to join the Software engineering team.
Our team is growing and we need a scrum master to help us scale. You’ll be based at our head office in Limassol, Cyprus and will work closely with our Software Architect. Your task within the organisation will be to build high-impact features for our Crewing platform.
You will have a key role in our development process in helping engineering teams to find their most effective and efficient way of delivery, coaching and evolving team members and structures.
· Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
· Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
· Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
· Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
· Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
· Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
· Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
· Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
· Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
· Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
· Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
· Programming knowledge and problem solving abilities.
· Experience in using Jira and Confluence.
· Knowledge of Shipping/Maritime industry will be considered a great advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Marlow Group is one of the leading ship management companies globally today. We manage a diverse fleet of vessels via a worldwide network of fully owned subsidiary offices and coordinated from our headquarters in Limassol Cyprus. This is all supported by our in-house crew and ship management operating application.
Fast-moving changes and new possibilities in today’s digital landscape have led us towards embarking on a major transformation to re-design this tailor-made software. As such, we are looking to strengthen our core IT and Development team to assist in evaluating the current setup, and ultimately to assist in creating and rolling out a new innovative solution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable, reputable and growing company, and be part of an initiative with enormous potential for acceleration within our industry.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions at one of Cyprus' most well-known international companies. Only those eligible to work in the EU will be considered.
Candidates are requested to apply directly on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Job posted: 15 June 2020
Job deadline: Not indicated