(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) Cyprus has been known for decades as a shipping hub for ship management companies. Add to that shipping banks which are now building portfolios and actively involved in transactions big and small in Cyprus, Greece and beyond and the healthy core of ship owing companies and the cluster is surely large and growing.
In 2019 we expect to see good shipping fundamentals of demand and supply, but external factors look challenging. Brexit will happen, IMO 2020 is a short breath away, tariffs and political uncertainties look set to continue, the oil price is far from certain and US dollar interest rates will likely continue to rise.
A debate about the advantages and disadvantages for Cyprus based companies versus Greek and global competition will be hosted by Mrs. Natasa Pilides, Shipping Deputy Minister to the President. Mr. Polys Hajioannou, CEO, Chairman of the Board and Director, Safe Bulkers Inc. will comment on Cyprus, IMO 2020 and vision. These are just two of the highlights of next week's Marine Money Cyprus Forum on 16 April 2019.
Amongst other topics to be discussed on the agenda are:
- Alternative Finance and Shipping funds in Cyprus
- Growth, trade tiffs and geopolitics are taking the silver lining off what could be seen as positive shipping fundamentals
- Challenges abound but shipping goes on. What are the key issues in the current market which are central to decision making?
- Trends in transaction and digital banking and making operations in shipping more efficient
- Energy and offshore: new found riches around the Cypriot coastline, plus new import and storage activities
- The Cyprus contribution in the ship finance mix.
- The next few years will be critical for the future of shipping. Industry stalwarts from Cyprus and abroad discus disruptors including regulation and digitization as well as the fundamentals of supply and demand
Our third Marine Money Cyprus conference will touch on the above issues and highlight owners, financiers and investors who are shaping the industry.
Further information about the Marine Money Cyprus Forum 2019 is at www.marinemoney.com/forum/cyprus19 or contact Mia Jensen, Tel: (+30) 697 22 100 69 E-mail: email@example.com