ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) is a global firm committed to setting standards for safety and excellence as one of the world’s leading classification organizations. In a constantly evolving industry, ABS works alongside its partners tackling the most pressing technical, operational and regulatory challenges so the marine and offshore industries can operate safely, securely and responsibly.
We are recruiting an additional Surveyor or Senior Surveyor to join the Business Development Manager in Limassol who can build strong connections within the business and with our clients. The work is predominantly Ships in Service but there is also vendor and new building work for a varied workload.
We are looking for an inspiring individual with the following skills:
- Fluent Greek and English speaker
- Extensive knowledge of marine engineering
- To join ABS at Senior Surveyor level you must already possess extensive Survey experience within a Classification Society.
- Sea going experience as an Engineer
- Qualified Marine Engineer to degree level (Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering subjects)
- Local Cyprus knowledge and connections
- Ability to perform surveys and work in small spaces
- Knowledge of ships’ engineering systems and machinery
- Ability to communication clearly, both orally and in writing pertinent technical information.
The Company does not discriminate against any employee, or applicants for employment, based on personal characteristics such as:
- National origin
- Physical or mental disability
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Veteran status
- Citizenship status
- Transgender status
The Company is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and personnel practices, including recruitment, advancement, salary and benefits, termination and retirement processes.