Vacancy code: MP-0221-SCM
G.A.P. Vassilopoulos Group was established in 1964. Today it is a contemporary and adaptive organization, rated amongst the 25 biggest companies in Cyprus, operating within the services sector by providing a variety of related services under one roof as a one-stop shop.
The Group operates via a network of over 3.000 offices and associates throughout Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel. It employs over 1.200 highly educated and experienced personnel, utilizing the latest hardware technology and most innovative software and systems.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for customer development strategies, effective customer account management and support to specific commercial projects and initiatives. The role reports to country CEO and BOD.
The individual assigned to this position will be able to independently work with Senior Management in the Business Units to develop the commercial strategy, to explore and capture all opportunities in the market in order to grow Revenue, Volume and Tariff.
- Responsible for all commercial and contractual aspects of sales activities, from initial enquiry, through to settlement of final accounts, including the timely preparation of quotations, tenders and marine contracts, invoices and dispute resolution
- Actively collaborates with the Operations Manager to consistently meet, or exceed customer expectations, maximise asset utilisation and ensure all costs and chargeable activities are communicated efficiently
- Provides leadership on sales and marketing strategy, developing new business leads, enhancing present partnerships and exploiting existing strategic/market advantages
- Ensure all commercial activities under all shipping departments are covered by valid contracts
- Carry out independent commercial assessment of new projects (in the Marine industry), including providing commercial intelligence for projects and inputs to commercial assumptions of new projects
- Responsible for Commercial monthly and periodic reporting
- Provide solid market information and studies on the marine industry
- Prepare and update clients and customers data base
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years in-depth working experience in commercial, sales and/or marketing field in the Marine industry (ports/terminals and/or shipping/logistics industry)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management level and exposure to managing clients at a senior level
- Good understanding of supply chains and liner industry
- Extensive experience of handling large scale commercial contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Marine, Shipping trade, Business, Sales or related field (An MBA will be considered an advantage)
- Very Good financial acumen
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations (in English and Greek)
An attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates based on industry knowledge, experience and qualifications which includes provident fund and bonus scheme.
Interested applicants are invited to apply electronically to the following link:
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.