- Examining and reporting on vessels and other marine structures relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for classification with class, and with associated statutory and special service requirements related to various conventions like Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear, Pollution Prevention, ISM, MLC2006 etc;
- Traveling in various locations to carry on testing, related to marine equipment;
- Providing assistance with maintaining files in an orderly and up-to-date manner;
- Working directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in an area of technical expertise;
- Preparing technically accurate and timely survey reports;
- Performing work that involves conventional surveying practices, but may include moderately complex problem resolution and coordination of activities among other disciplines;
- Making visits to vessels, marine structures, and manufacturers for routine survey activities and in different locations;
- Reading engineering plans and implement knowledge of shipbuilding and vessel operations;
- Performing surveys in the prescribed format;
- Analyzing problems and proposing solutions.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering;
- At least 5 years professional experience, either as Class surveyor or as shipyard quality control inspector are requested;
- Previous experience as a surveyor of IACS Classification Societies would be a significant advantage.
Personal skills and abilities:
- Good communication skills;
- Working in a team with diverse staff;
- Managing conflicts and good negotiating skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight schedules;
- Willing to travel frequently;
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships;
- Fluent in Greek and English language, both spoken and written.
BULGARIA; CROATIA; CYPRUS; GREECE; ROMANIA
To apply visit this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2354671775/
RINA provides a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors through a global network of 200 offices in 70 countries. RINA is a member of key international organisations and an important contributor to the development of new legislative standards.