The Operations Manager oversees the technical and administrative personnel under his/her care. The role’s responsibilities, among others, focus on the oversight of the trading activities of Tototheo Maritime, including logistics and warehouse management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure installation, delivery, and deployment services are delivered to customers in a consistent, high quality, and professional manner.
- Manage day to day relations with suppliers and subcontractors. Identify and recommend to the concerned parties possible beneficial partnerships.
- Ensure all company’s applicable policies are being followed by the teams under his/her care.
- Act as the primary information source for the teams under his/her care, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
- Mentor, train, and develop teammates for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes.
- Establish, communicate, and maintain quality control policies and standard work procedures to all team members (in collaboration with the Quality department).
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives to maximize team efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and enhance a strong customer service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection, and resolution.
- Work closely with the technical team in order to proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting customer expectations. Work with technicians to ensure root cause is identified, action plans are developed, and ensure follow-up on customer issue resolution. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Lead team to work collaboratively across the organization to ensure a seamless transition of work activities.
- Effectively support the planning and tracking of multiple projects, resource planning, and allocation, task delegation to accomplish project goals and objectives, ensuring timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of ongoing status and evaluation reports, and reporting on employee performance within area of responsibility.
- Provide timely response to requests for information, reports, and other operations data from other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position.
- A degree in Business or Operations Management or similar.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Strategy oriented and long-term thinking.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines.
- Agility in order to handle diverse tasks relating to all aspects of operations.
- Flexibility to complete both low-level operative activities as well as higher-level managerial tasks.
- Accountability. Demonstrates an understanding of the link between his/her own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals.
- Customer focus.
- Analytical mind and quick decision-making skills.
- Ability to clarify goals & objectives, build team commitment, analyze and ensure progress toward objectives, identify areas for improvements in processes and knowledge and skills of employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to create a partnership atmosphere with internal and external resources while achieving objectives.
- Ability to collect, compile, analyze, and present performance data.
- Proficient user of commonly used computer software (such as MS Office etc.).
- Experience in the maritime sector will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with an ERP and/or CRM system will be considered as an advantage.
If you feel that this position matches your profile please send your CV quoting the job title to the following email email@example.com