- a report from the Chief Inspector of Marine Accidents
- overview of accidents reported
- summary of investigations started
- details of investigation reports published
- responses to recommendations issued
- marine accident statistics
In 2015 1057 accidents (casualties and incidents) to UK vessels or in UK coastal waters were reported to MAIB, these involved 1194 vessels.
46 of these accidents involved only non-commercial vessels, 447 were occupational accidents that did not involve any actual or potential casualty to a vessel.
There were 646 accidents involving 744 commercial vessels that involved actual or potential casualties to vessels.
Click on below image to download full report.
Source: UK MAIB